Eye Care for Tired Eyes


My story of discomfort in my eyes 


I'm a Software Engineer by profession. As any other software professional, I too spend lot of time sitting in front of computer. Off late I have been complaining about mild pain in the eye, not being able to see bright display especially projector display for not more the 15 minutes. Few months back, this discomfort in my eyes become severe to an extend that I was unable to see computer screen not more than ten minutes. Visited multiple hospitals and every where I heard the same "COMPUTER VISION SYNDROME" and "DRY EYES". All the doctors I have visited prescribed me tear drops to be used 3 to 4 times a day and no end time mentioned for its usage. This drops are supposed to prevent the eyes getting dry. As soon as the doctors suggested that this drops can be used life long and as and when I have discomfort in my eyes, I have decided that I am not going to use it for life long.

Eye Massage 


Then I googled lot about "COMPUTER VISION SYNDROME", "EYE DRYNESS" etc. Found few eye massages and started practicing those massages every day morning.

The massage I follow is - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6nO4aCa2K8

Disclaimer: The youtube link I have shared above is from my google search and I don't have any direct connection with neither the Doctor describing it nor that youtube channel. Kindly practice this only if it is comfortable for you.

1 min break for every 20 minutes 


Apart from this I also start taking conscious short breaks for every 20 continuous minutes that I sit in front of the computer. Following is my break routine which will take approximately for 1 minute.

  • Rub the parts together and make them warm
  • Close your eyes and place your warm palms gently over
  • Take 5 deep breaths (slow inhale and slow exhale)
  • Open your eyes gently first in the darkness of your palm and then continue working.


These small practices seeming to be helping my eyes better. Of course I stopped using those eye drops after a week usage :P

So If you also have some eye tiredness or dry eyes try this small practice to relax our eyes and keep them healthy.

Small Change Big Difference!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kothamalli Coffee | Sukku Coffee | Sukku Malli Coffee

Smoke Lovers... Its all for you!!!

Castor Oil for Migraine